Does Cabelas Price Match?
If you’ve spent any time at all hunting, fishing, or just participating in any kind of outdoor activity at all, then you’re most likely familiar with the name Cabelas. That’s because Cabelas is one of the largest hunting and fishing retailers out there. Along with Bass Pro Shop, Cabelas has grown to dominate the hunting and fishing retail space with new Cabelas stores popping up all over the country. As a matter of fact, they are leader in the outdoor equipment business.
Quick Background Of Cabelas
According to their website, Cabelas was started in 1961 when Dick Cabela came up with a plan to sell fishing flies he purchased while at a furniture show in Chicago. Today, the leading national retailer of outdoor gear and apparel is recognized as having the #1 website in the outdoor retailer industry.
Does Cabelas Price Match?
Since Cabelas has such a large presence in the outdoors equipment industry, chances are you’ll come across their website when searching for hunting and fishing products. But does such a dominating retailer like Cabelas offer price matching?
The answer is yes. Cabelas does offer price matching. However, after reading through their policy, there are a number of exceptions and stipulations that must be met. I posted the policy down below for you to take a look at yourself. I also provided a link to the policy that’s posted on their website.
The Cabelas Price Match Policy
Yes, Cabela’s will Price Match In-Store and Online!
- If you find a lower advertised price from a competitors local store (within 100 mile radius) we will match that price.
- If you find a lower advertised price online from any of the below approved online competitors (only), we will match that price.
- Approved Online Competitor List: Academy, Backcountry, Brownells, Dicks Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, Gander Outdoors, L.L. Bean, Mack’s Prairie Wings, Midway USA, REI, Scheels, and Sportsman’s Warehouse.
Terms & Conditions:
- Must be a verifiable exact match (make/model).
- We reserve the right to limit quantity.
- Military discount does apply.
- Does not apply to services.
- Does not apply when the price includes special offers or promotions such as rebates, mail in offers, free with purchase, limited quantity offers, special financing, misprints, liquidation and bundle offers.
- Product must be in stock at the competitor and at Cabela’s at time of request. In stock means that the item is available for sale and delivery that day.
- Does not apply to any products or services offered by third party vendors that may be operating within a Cabela’s store.
- Local Store means a competitor’s retail store within 100 miles of the respective Cabela’s retail store.
- Cabela’s Retail will honor Cabela’s Catalog and Internet prices.
- The retail store General Manager has the authority to make a judgment call on any competitive price match in their store.
With all of the competition out there today, especially with online shopping and being able to easily find the best deals anywhere in the world, it’s extremely important that businesses offer to match these competitors prices. I’m glad to see that Cabelas does offer this for it’s customers.
Have you ever tried price matching any products at Cabelas? How was your experience with them? Was it easy to do? Did you get the price you wanted? Shoot me a message and I’d love to add your experience to this post so others can know what to expect.